Kyneton Community & Learning Centre (Kyneton Community House) is a not-for-profit association, registered with Corporate Affairs Victoria. This registration provides the legal status for the Centre to conduct its activities and affairs and to fulfil its mission for the benefit of the Kyneton community.
For the Centre to operate effectively it needs a broad membership base, drawn from local residents and those in the surrounding region. In particular, those who have an interest in developing and strengthening the Kyneton community.
A strong membership base will provide a connection with local residents and better inform the Centre’s response to community needs and aspirations.
The purpose of the Association is the development of a stronger, more resilient community by:
- operating within a community development framework
- valuing and encouraging inclusive community participation and leadership opportunities
- providing high quality facilities that are inviting and welcoming for all members of the community
- building sustainable connections and working in partnership with the local community
- providing a broad range of activities, services and programs responsive to local community needs
- providing lifelong learning opportunities including Accredited and Pre-accredited Adult Education and Training Programs.
Joining up is easy
Residents and those with a direct connection with Kyneton can become a member of the Association by completing a membership form, available from the front office or by completing the contact form. The form will be submitted to the Board of Management at its monthly meeting. There is no membership fee required.
Please note: member benefits can only be used once your application is accepted by the board.
How do members benefit?
Becoming a member of the Association assists the Centre with its community development work, providing a range of neighbourhood house and adult education programs. The benefits include:
- News updates and early advice about courses and activities
- 10% off one short course run by KC&LC per semester (half year)
- Free Wi-Fi access (bookings required)
- Reduced rental rate of rooms for private meetings or functions
- Invitations to special events and functions held at the Centre including members function/s
- Eligibility to nominate and elect Board of Management members
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meetings and any Special General Meetings
- Involvement on sub-committees of interest; to assist with specialist work and projects
- Have your say in future directions of KC&LC by being involved in consultation processes
What else do I need to know?
A copy of the Centre’s most recent Annual Report, Strategic Plan and Rules of Association are available on line for you to read. Hard or soft copies can be provided on request.
We’d love to hear from you! For further information on becoming a member or other opportunities for involvement with the Centre, contact the main office or the Centre Manager on 5422 3433 or email@example.com